February 2011 Archives
- Drink lots of water, that may mean bringing your own. Bring at least a gallon, yes a gallon.
- Wear waterproof shoes if it's outside.
- Know what you plan on drinking before you get there. Time yourself. If you don't pace yourself and end up drinking several pints an hour, the day may not end well for you.
- Have some cash to buy food, eat before you arrive as well.
- Whatever you do DON'T DRIVE HOME. Get a cab or have someone pick you up.
Mock Winter - Celebrate Beer
Saturday, February 26, 2011 - 1-6PM
Fifth Third Ballpark in Comstock Park, MI
(just north of Grand Rapids)
An outdoor celebration of Michigan beer, featuring more than 250 different beers from over 45 breweries. Hot food and live music. Snow, rain or shine. Dress for winter weather and let the hearty winter brews warm your soul. Must be 21 or older. Admission: $35 in advance, $40 at the door if not sold out (includes 15 drink tokens). Additional tokens available inside the festival.
Time once again for the Achilles 5k run at Schmohz. Join us for this fun run on April 16th. Yes, there will be beer for runners and walkers. We will be limiting the registrations to 350 again this year so sign up soon.
If you have questions that are not answered by the flyer, stop in for a beer, Al will make up an answer for you.
The much talked about beer bills died yesterday.
That's right, despite the fact that Mississippi allows the sale of much harder liquor, lawmakers just couldn't muster the courage to tackle bills that would have allowed the alcohol content in beer to be up to 8 percent, as opposed to the current 5 percent limit. More...